Thursday, September 25, 2008

Happy Birthday Grandma!


My mother's birthday is today. She's a slight woman of great resolve who stands by her principles. I've learned so much from her example - the importance of family, thinking only the best of people, not gossiping, love of gardening, popcorn in the evening...the list goes on and on. She let us learn and improve from our mistakes. We became better because we knew she expected better.

I am so grateful that this humble, quiet, woman is my mother. Words fail me as I try to sum up her influence in my life and the life of our family, but Mom has served as the constant, unchanging, rock in our world. We thank you. We love you.

3 comments:

Collette said...

What a great tribute to a wonderful grandma!

Christy said...

I was wondering if you got my email invite. Let me know if you need me to send it again or if you are able to see our blog.

Brittany said...

Kathy,

I know that you posted this nearly three weeks ago but I have thought about it several times since and I felt like I should let you know. I was truly touched by the simple, yet elegant way you made a tribute to your mother. I've never met her but I just had an overwhelming appreciation for the good person she is and the service she has rendered in her life. I know she is a wonderful person because you are a wonderful person.