Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Andrea's Christmas Decorations




Andrea risked life and limb to hang a beautiful "installation" of Christmas balls above the fireplace during Thanksgiving break. You could call that the "high point" of the vacation. He He

It was nice and relaxed here. Mike cooked a wonderful dinner for company, we played games and celebrated Mike's 55th birthday with chocolate cake from Dale and Lois. Collette and Brent spent Fri. and Sat. night - Bridger spent most of his time fighting the flu. Mike and Andrea replaced the alternator on her car on Sat. in Utah.

I honestly think Thanksgiving, and Christmas vacations are ideal times to exchange germs with all your cousins just so winter doesn't get too boring for the folks. Along with Bridger's experience, after the pre-Thanksgiving party last week in Star Valley, all the women came down with vicious colds on Monday and some even missed work during the week. Too bad we didn't know about each other - at least we could have given sympathy. But by Tyler's farewell on Sunday we were all on our feet again and ready to do a new exchange. Hmmmm, wonder what this week will bring.

7 comments:

Collette said...

Thanks Mom. I've been waiting for these pictures. I still love it. I think I'll decorate our tree today.

mom/Janet said...

Mike told me about those bulbs when I called to wish him happy birthday. I kind of had a picture in my mind but the picture was even better. I'd copy the idea if I had the right spot to do it or if Andrea was here to do it for me. Do you want to come for a visit, Andrea? How about for Dane's WA open house. Dale, you and I could have a blast. Party all day.

Anonymous said...

Nice job Andrea. I love the idea, very, very festive and quite beautiful.

We had some sick ones at our party too, so far I am feeling fine! Yahoo!

Hamblin Family said...

Love the balls. Wish we could've been there to share the germs too. Miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

Some how I survived the germ pass and actually got better over Thanksgiving and to top it off I even lost 3.4lbs I think it was all that heavy lifting of the bulbs.;)

Anonymous said...

PS don't you think it's funny how you couldn't see the strings at all but in the pictures they showed up really well...and the pins too...in real life you can't see either one...jsut a side note.

Brittany said...

i can't see any stings or pins. i think they look really cool! what a great idea! i love it andrea!